Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Alaskan Adventure

Several weeks ago a friend called me and asked me to speak to a group of people about my Alaskan adventure at the retirement community where she works. I really loved Alaska and the magnificent, awesome beauty that God wrought there. It truly is beyond human description.

So, last night was the night. Had no idea how much I would enjoy doing a presentation like this.
The people were wonderful...interesting, sweet, and charming. Two men had been to Alaska on vacation cruises, but realized they had missed so much going by cruise ship and really enjoyed the DVD I had with me. I had been warned that sometimes the people go to sleep during a presentation or would just walk out so not to expect to do more than 20 minutes, maybe 30. We were there for an hour and 15 minutes or so. No one slept, no one left. It is such an amazing place and this film caught some of the best Alaska has to offer. What fun!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I think the Lord is showing you all you have to offer the world and just how busy you will continue being for many years to come.


Love Ya,
Shelly

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed looking over your blog
God bless you